Having tofu in your refridgerator is great when you need a meal quickly. This dish is so quick and makes a yummy lunch.
• 2 teaspoons oil
• 1 ½ cups onion finely diced (around 1 onion)
• 3 cloves garlic crushed
• 1 cup red capsicum (bell pepper) finely diced (around 1)
• 1 cup carrot finely diced (around 1 large carrot)
• 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
• ½ teaspoon turmeric
• 300g (10oz) firm tofu
• 1 tablespoon honey or date puree
• 1 teaspoon salt
• garnish: 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
• garnish: 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
• garnish: coriander (cilantro)
1. In a pot or pan saute the oil, onion, garlic, capsicum and carrot for around 5 minutes or until the onion is soft.
2. Add the curry powder and turmeric and stir for around 30 seconds.
3. Crumble the tofu into the pot and continue to cook for around 5 minutes or until the tofu is starting to go brown.
4. Stir in the honey and the salt.
5. Serve and garnish with the sesame seeds and coriander.